Oasis-Talk is a social enterprise with a strong commitment to provide emotional health services, including talking therapies and psycho-educational support to those who most need it, including hard to reach groups. We currently deliver 50% of the NHS Primary mental health services in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Amongst other interventions, we provide Counselling and CBT to patients presenting with a wide range of issues including depression, anxiety, panic, OCD, phobias, work related stress and post-traumatic stress. Our therapists are from a variety of backgrounds including Clinical and Counselling Psychologists, Counsellors, CBT Practitioners, and graduates with mental health experience.
We are not currently recruiting. For details of our volunteer opportunities please contact email@example.com
We are seeking non-Executive board members:
Becoming a member of the Board for Oasis Talking Therapies CIC, known as Oasis-Talk
Background of Oasis-Talk
Oasis-Talk was formed as a CIC in 2012 as a response to the environment created by the Health and Social Care Act March 2012 for the delivery of NHS talking therapies in Primary Care. We were previously the Primary mental health service in South Gloucestershire PCT where many of our staff had been delivering since 2005. These staff had integrated with IAPT [a national programme for Improving Access to Psychological Therapies] in 2009 to create a well-functioning responsive service in South Gloucestershire.
We set up Oasis-Talk as a CIC because that form of governance gave us the most flexibility in being able to respond to a rapidly changing environment, to meet client need in a safe and ethical way, whilst preserving the NHS values of a service freely available to all and free at the point of delivery.
Our Board is a strategic and advisory Board supporting and challenging Executive directors to be accountable for their use of public money and to ensure services are provided in a manner that is congruent with Oasis-Talk values. The Board ensures the sustainability and longevity of Oasis-Talk.
95% of our work is currently delivering more than 50 % of NHS psychological therapies in Bristol CCG and South Gloucestershire CCG [24,000 sessions per annum]. We are developing non-NHS delivery to complement NHS delivery using volunteer and community programmes to meet the specific mental health needs that don’t fit easily with the universal NHS provision.
Non- Executive Chair: Andrew Price
CEO: Vicki Palmer
Deputy CEO: Ruth Richardson
Non-Executives: Tim Bond, Moyna Wilkinson, Phil Moreton, Nick Hooper
Financial advisor: David Wookey [Accountant for Oasis-Talk] attends once a year
Current Vacancies on the Board
We are looking for 2 additional Non-Executive Board Members who are willing to contribute to the direction and longevity of Oasis-Talk, by bringing knowledge and expertise to the running of the organisation. We are looking for members with any of the following:
- Access to legal governance knowledge and expertise.
- Vision and commitment to creating mental wellbeing services that empower and support communities to meet a wide range of mental health needs in Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- Organisational management.
- Risk management.
- Business skills.
- HR Skills/ employment law expertise
- Equality and diversity experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of social enterprises.
- Knowledge of funding sources and support to access them.
- To attend quarterly Board meetings
- To support Executive Directors to make organisationally intelligent decisions and to hold them accountable for the services provided.
- To agree levels of remuneration of Executive Directors.
- To hear any grievance against an Executive Director.
- To ensure the longevity of Oasis-Talk.
- To contribute to the overall direction and purpose of the organisation by attending a sub group between meetings if you wish to do so.
- Honorarium of £400 per year for attending meetings
- Any consultancy work carried out on behalf of Oasis-Talk, usually at £25-£30 per hour.
- Director insurance is provided.
For further information and applications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0117 9709423