We assess our impact in a variety of ways, including:
- asking clients to score their feelings, thinking and physical sensations every week on a simple form. These forms indicate a client’s levels of anxiety, depression and overall psychological wellbeing.
- asking clients to rate the help we have given them. We ask them to complete patient experience questionnaires after they have finished their therapy or wellbeing course.
Oasis-Talk began providing services in the NHS in 2012 and delivered approximately 200,000 sessions over 7 years. In 2019 we relaunched a private service.
We maintain quality by training and developing staff through continuous professional development, good supervision and reflective practice. We are currently training BAME wellbeing facilitators so that different cultures can receive wellbeing courses in their own language.
Over time, we report on our impact based on the data we are collecting. The highlights of our data reporting reflect the quality of our service:
- Consistently above average rates of recovery of 57% [sometimes as high as 68%]
- Reliable improvement rate of 71%
- Satisfaction rates of 97-100%
As valuable for us as the data, we highly value the comments our clients make. They help us to know what is working and what is not working so we can learn from them. Read here what our clients say about us.