About this Event
This course will help you to…
- look at why we get angry; what it is like to be angry; different kinds of anger and what happens to us when we get angry.
- introduce a technique for measuring and recording emotions and angry outbursts.
- look at the process of change and why you may want to change.
- work with your angry thoughts including unhelpful thinking patterns and developing more balanced thoughts.
- introduce a number of strategies and techniques to help you stay more in control, including relaxation and distraction techniques.
- explore ways of expressing anger safely and communicating assertively.
This is a closed group and so the course price covers attendance for 6 weeks.
Tue 1st September, 18:30-20:00
Tue 8th September, 18:30-20:00
Tue 15th September, 18:30-20:00
Tue 22nd September, 18:30-20:00
Tue 29th September, 18:30-20:00
Tue 6th October, 18:30-20:00
What to expect
We encourage discussion but you can say as much or as little as you like. You’ll have an opportunity to try out some of the techniques during the sessions. You will be given resources each week that build into a workbook that you can refer to after the course to help you manage your anger moving forward.
We focus on teaching you skills to manage and control your anger. We encourage you to practice the skills learnt in sessions at home, and there will be time in each session to review how people are getting on with the home practice.
Who is the course suitable for?
People who experience the following:
- Aggression towards objects, self or others that is fuelled by anger
- Distress caused by anger, or the cost of it
- Relationship challenges resulting from anger management
- impatience, frustrations or upset caused by environmental factors
- challenges in displaying positive assertive behaviour
- low self-esteem
- impulsive aggression
It is not suitable for people with active psychosis and people with drug/alcohol problems.
Who are Oasis-Talk:
Oasis-Talk are a well known and trusted local mental health and wellbeing service in Bristol. We offer a wide range of therapeutic services and have been facilitating groups for over 8 years. We are a Community Interest Company, which means that all our profits are reinvested to help more people.
How much does the course cost?
£180 for the full six weeks.
Who will be delivering the course?
Our team of therapists and wellbeing managers offer a blend of skills and experience which has been captivated in the development of our courses. The content is continually updated to align with new research and developments.
This course will be delivered by Irena and Emily, both are experienced Cognitive Behavioural Therapists with a wealth of experience in managing anger and facilitating group work.
We would love for you to join us.
How do I book?
Call us on 0117 927 7577 or contact us through our website.
Alternatively you can book through EventBrite here.
Low Income Support
If you have an income of less than £16,000 per year, Oasis-Talk are offering this course free of charge. We welcome any contribution as it helps us to help more people in need.